Foods For Boosting Immunity plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy, it provides strength to the body to withstand tough conditions. It is the immunity that let our body, work efficiently in extreme hot and cold condition, fight with bacterias and viruses. Without immunity, the human body is like an open box, anything can come in it and will spoil it. Therefore, immunity is crucial to enhance the resistance power of the body.
The immunity is the gift to the human being, our body comes that, it has the ability to fight with strange bacterias and viruses attack. Our immunity grows up with our age. A child is born with lower immunity, therefore, he needs more care, as he grows up, his immunity also develops and after a few years of birth, his immunity reach to the advanced level.
Do you know, food plays a vital role in making a person’s immunity? Yes, this is true, a person’s immunity entirely depends on his/her food habits and the place he/she lives in. We all have different immunity levels and this is because of our lifestyle and food habits. So, if you want to strengthen your body self-healing mechanism, then eat foods that nurture the body. Here are 25 foods stuff that helps in improving immunity. You can add these foods in your regular diet and have it once or multiple times in a week, you can also use them to recover from certain illness.
List Of Best Foods For Boosting Immunity
- Citrus Fruits – The citrus fruits are the rich source of Vit C. Vit C is known for healing by producing white blood cell. The role of white blood cells in the body is to repair damage and restore well being. Our body doesn’t produce or store Vit C, therefore, you have to take it daily to fulfil your body’s requirement. When you suffer from any bacterial or viral infection, it is good to take Vit C in an adequate amount. The rich source of Vit C is lemon, oranges, mosambi, grapefruit, etc. So, add as many as citrus fruit as you can in your diet.
- Bell Pepper – The citrus fruits are a rich source of Vit C, we have learned above and have heard the same from people, but you would be surprised to know that the red bell pepper contains more Vit C than citrus fruit. It also contains Beta carotene, which is good for skin and eyes. All bell peppers (Different colours) contain a good amount of Vit C and Beta Carotene, but the red one has the highest content as this is the most matured fruit of the bell pepper plant, the green is the youngest one. So, this doesn’t mean you can replace citrus fruit with bell pepper. Both have their own benefits and should have a defined place in the diet.
- Banana – Banana also known as a superfood is also an immunity booster. Banana contains prebiotic fibre, which is also known as resistant starch. It provides nutrition to protective bacteria present in the gut. The protective bacterias not only guard the intestinal tract but also stimulate white blood cells production. The carbs present in banana provide instant energy to the body. Banana is the Best Foods For Boosting Immunity.
- Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds is again a superfood that gives multiple benefits to the body. Talking about the immunity, then flax seeds also help in enhancing it. The Omega 3 fatty acids present in flaxseed, in association with lignans, help white blood cells and body’s immune system to fight with infection.
- Broccoli – The dark green colour broccoli is not only good in appearance but also gives multiple health benefits to the body. It contains an ample amount of minerals and vitamins. It also contains fibre and antioxidants in a large quantity, all these help in boosting immunity. It is one of the healthiest vegetables to have.
- Green Leafy Vegetable – The green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach and swiss chard are again great for boosting immunity. These vegetables contain a good amount of Vit K, C and Folate which are immune boosters.
- Garlic – The health benefits of garlic are many, and this is the reason it has been widely accepted by people around the world. In addition to lowering down the cholesterol level and help in fighting infections, the high sulphur containing compound present in Garlic boost the immunity.
- Nuts – Nuts are full of vitamins and antioxidants. Nuts also contain minerals in ample quantities. The nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts contain Zinc that is an immunity booster. Have nuts every day, add it as snacks or on the top of food.
- Seeds – Just like nuts, seeds are also a pack of nutrients. The seeds of chia, sunflower, pumpkin contains a tremendous amount of minerals and antioxidants that help in boosting immunity. You can add seeds in your diet as a snack or toppings on salad and veggies.
- Ginger – Ginger is also an immunity booster food. It contains ingredients that help in healing inflammation, cold and sore throat. Ginger also has a property that lower down the cholesterol level in the body. It is an old immunity booster food and popular in the entire world.
- Yoghurt – Yogurt is not just a taste enhancer food but also an immunity booster. It contains Vit D, which is essential for immunity. You can consume Vit D fortified yoghurt to add a more Vit D in your diet. This also contains probiotics that help good bacteria culture in the gut.
- Carrots – Carrots are a rich source of Beta Carotene which is good for eyes and skin. It also contains Iron, antioxidants and Vit C that boost immunity.
- Turmeric – The yellow colour turmeric is best known for its anti-inflammatory properties. But, turmeric provides many more health benefits to the human being than what is known. The curcumin present in turmeric helps in boosting immunity. The same ingredients have been identified by researchers that it has the potential to treat cancer.
- Green Tea – Green tea has been rightly advised as immunity boosting. It contains flavonoids, which is an antioxidant. Other than that, the green tea contains epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, another antioxidant that enhances immunity. Flavonoids and EGCG are also present in black tea but the later get destroyed during the fermentation process that black tea goes through. Both help in immunity-boosting, but green tea is more effective because of more antioxidant in it.
- Berries – Berries are a pack of antioxidants. They are also a rich source of Vit C that not only restore cell damage in the body but also boost immunity. Blueberries contain a good amount of flavonoids that are powerful antioxidants and help in enhancing body immunity.
- Sunflower Seeds – The sunflower seed contains magnesium, phosphorus, Vit B6 and Vit E, all these are strong antioxidants. Vit E is very important for the smooth functioning of the immune system.
- Avacado – Avacado contains Glutathione, a powerful antioxidant. This antioxidant body needs for making lymphoid cells. It contains folic acid in a huge amount. Both Glutathione and folic acid are associated with increasing immunity.
- Olive-oil – It is hard to cook food without oil, therefore, it is important to know which oil is good for immune health. So, the best oil is extra-virgin olive oil. It has anti-inflammatory property and also contains a good amount of anti-oxidant. It boosts immunity, however, when buying olive oil make sure you are taking extra virgin, the first press of olives to get the following benefits.
- Button Mushrooms – Riboflavin and Niacin, the Vit B play a vital role in boosting immunity, if you are low on both nutrients, you are more likely to catch infections. Button mushrooms not only have a high content of niacin and riboflavin but also give you selenium, which is again essential for immunity against severe flu.
- Oysters – Zinc help in activating as well as creating while blood cells in the body, the building component of body immunity. It has virus-fighting power and strengthens the immunity system. Oyster contains a tremendous amount of Zinc, thus it helps in boosting the immunity.
- Watermelon – We all are aware of the refreshing effect of watermelon. But do you also know that watermelon is good for immunity as well? Yes, it contains antioxidant name glutathione that strengthens immunity and help fight against the infection.
- Wheat Germ – Wheat germ contains many antioxidants that support immunity. It contains B vitamins and zinc as well that boosts the immunity. Wheat germ is the outer layers of wheat that are often removed because of its bad texture. On the contrary, it adds protein, fibre and healthy fat in the diet and supports the immunity.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are also a good source of beta-carotene just like carrots. The beta-carotene when gets inside the body, it turns into Vit A that remove free radicals and bolster the immunity.
- Miso – Miso is prepared from fermented soybean. It is a probiotic that keeps the gut healthy. It also gives a lift to immunity.
- Cloves – The high content of antioxidant make cloves, one of the best foodstuffs to support immunity. It repairs oxidative damage caused by free radicals and Eugenol present in cloves also support immunity to fight infection.
Add these foods in your daily diet to strengthen immunity. If you are living in coronavirus COVID-19 infected area, do add this food stuff in your diet give a push to your immunity and protect yourself and your family.